Marion Ibrahim - Senior Consultant, RPA
"Our Robotics Process Automation (RPA) team will help you power up business processes across your departments and functions, and your front, middle and back office teams – putting power back in your hands. It will help you transform your business, increase revenues, cut costs and optimise your business operations and personalise the customer experience"
What is RPA?
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation) is the process of using digital workers to automate tasks that are repetitive and high volume.
- RPA “takes the robot out of the human” by mimicking the activity of a human carrying out a business transaction within the system.
- Software robots do the same thing a user does in order to process a multi-step transaction with greater speed, accuracy and productivity than a human worker.
- What is required to automate these transactions is to break them down into components and rules (e.g., what system to access, what screen to go to, etc.) and coding this up!
What can be considered a good candidate for RPA?
- Repetitive and monotonous processes
- Rule-based tasks
- Structured and standardised (clearly documented) actions
- High volume tasks
- Actions that do not require significant IT skills
Why is it a good time for Energy & Utility companies to invest in RPA?
- Regulatory requirements
- Ageing systems and workforce
- Need for more customer focus
- Suitability of business processes for application of RPA
- Pressure to optimise costs and increase shareholder value
- Fast-tracked systems integration (without the pain, cost and time of BPM/IT solutions)
What are the benefits of RPA?
- Advanced scalability – Re-assign bots to do more work, or activate more bots to scale up.
- Operation in peak periods without accruing additional costs or extra developmental work. Facilitation of multi-task resources and flexible workforce.
- Cost reduction – Over 30% cost savings and 30-200% ROI in the first year of implementation. Also, bots cost less than you think!
- Better employee morale - Improvement in workforce productivity by taking mundane repetitive tasks off employees, freeing up their time for more value-adding tasks, leading to reduction attrition.
- Improved customer service - Reduced errors, better efficiency and more accurate information creating successes in customer experience.
- Boost in productivity and related process cycle times: 1 virtual worker is, on average, three times more efficient than a human. Virtual workforce takes no breaks, does not get sick, and does not get bored. Shortens process cycle times unconstrained by office hours and time zones.
- Low operational risk: Reduced human errors and minimised human contact with sensitive data.
- Improved governance and compliance: Full audit trail allowing businesses to produce cleaner audit reports, track and trace every step of software robots and their business users, and monitor progress/performance of the virtual workforce.
What can RPA do?
- Customer records management
- Billing and settlements (e.g., correcting instances of overcharging)
- Correction of misreads
- Complaint management
- Street works processes
- Gas save emergency processes
- Document generation
- Customer service support
- Demand management
- Disaster recovery
- Field services processes
- New connections application processes
- Standard back-office functions (HR, finance, procurement, etc.)
To find out more about our RPA Services please contact:
- Marion Ibrahim, Senior Consultant: marion.Ibrahim@enzen.com
- Madhu Tiruvuru, Lead - Enterprise Solutions CoE: firstname.lastname@example.org