Taking the robot out of the human
Marion Ibrahim, Senior Consultant, Robotic Process Automation
"Our Robotics Process Automation team will help you power up business processes across your departments and functions, and your front, middle and back office teams - putting the power back in your hands."
Software robots do the same thing a person does, processing multi-step transactions with greater speed, accuracy and productivity. RPA works by breaking the transactions down into components and rules (what system to access, what screen to go to), then turning these into code. The end result is a solution that helps you increase revenues, cut costs, optimise your business operations and personalise your customers' experiences.
What kind of tasks benefit from RPA?
- Repetitive and monotonous processes
- Rule-based tasks
- Structured and standardised (clearly documented) actions
- High volume tasks
- Actions that do not require significant IT skills.
Why is it needed by energy and water companies?
- Changing regulatory requirements
- Ageing systems and workforces
- Greater need for customer focus
- Increased pressure to optimise costs and improve shareholder value
- Greater need for fast-tracked systems integration.
What are the benefits of RPA?
- Advanced scalability, by activating more bots or re-assigning existing ones to do more work
- Opportunity to operate in peak periods without accruing additional costs or doing extra developmental work
- Access to a flexible and multi-tasking resource
- 30% cost savings and 30-200% ROI in the first year of implementation
- Better employee morale by taking mundane repetitive tasks off employees and freeing up their time for more value-adding work
- Improved customer service through reduced errors, better efficiency and more accurate information
- Greater productivity (one virtual worker is, on average, three times more efficient than a human because it takes no breaks, doesn't get sick and doesn't get bored)
- Lower operational risk because of reduced human errors and minimised human contact with sensitive data
- Improved governance and compliance, with a full audit trail allowing businesses to produce cleaner audit reports.
What kind of tasks can RPA perform?
- Customer records management
- Billing and settlements (like correcting instances of overcharging)
- Correction of misreads
- Complaint management
- Street works processes
- Gas save emergency processes
- Document generation
- Customer service support
- Demand management
- Disaster recovery
- Field services processes
- New connections application processes
- Standard back-office functions (HR, finance, procurement).
Contact the team
To find out more about our RPA services please contact:
- Marion Ibrahim, Senior Consultant: marion.Ibrahim@enzen.com
- Madhu Tiruvuru, Enterprise Solutions CoE Lead: email@example.com