Enzen has paid tribute to the dedication and talent of UK school pupils in an inspiring online awards ceremony that marked the conclusion of our Mission: Sustainability programme.
Broadcast live on YouTube on Friday November 6th, the awards were the culmination of Enzen's year-long pilot partnership with the Lumen Christi Catholic Multi-Academy in Birmingham, UK, and a testament to how the two organisations overcame the challenges of lockdown through creative collaboration.
During the ceremony, hosted by TV presenter Emma Jesson and with a special VIP appearance from Andy Street CBE, the Mayor of the West Midlands, we announced the first, second and third place pupils in our Mission: Sustainability challenges.
These saw pupils from schools within Lumen Christi demonstrate their knowledge and creativity on the theme of generating energy from water. The challenges were part of a wider programme involving Enzen and group company Bombora, who together shared their expertise and innovation in classrooms as part of British Science Week in March.
You can watch the awards ceremony in full here:
Key Stage 2 Challenge
(Designing a model or logo based on the power of the oceans)
- 1st Place: Roisin from St Columba's Catholic Primary School
- 2nd Place: Fiona, Bella, Alexandra, Mea and Annabelle from St Columba's Catholic Primary School
- 3rd Place: Naeveh from St Paul's Catholic Primary School
Key Stage 3 Challenge
(Writing an investigative report into sustainable energy use and renewables)
- 1st Place: Hannah from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- 2nd Place: Natalie from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- 3rd Place: Christina from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
Key Stage 4 Challenge
(Performing and reporting on hydrogen experiments and its use in industry)
- 1st Place: Lucy from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- 2nd Place: Lauren from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
- 3rd Place: Isabella from St Thomas Aquinas Catholic School
Mission: Sustainability is the first programme of its kind to be launched under Enzen Community Partnerships. This initiative is focused on sharing Enzen’s knowledge and passion for positive change in our local communities, helping build a more sustainable, prosperous world for this and future generations.
Look out for more on Mission: Sustainability in 2021, as we seek to broaden the programme to more schools across Birmingham and deepen our relationship with the UK's second city, which is home to Enzen's corporate headquarters.